Job Vacancy - Join oUr Team
Seeking Clinical Psychologists – Michelle Barratt Psychology – Toowong and Wynnum/Manly Area:
An exciting opportunity exists for a vibrant, skilled and passionate psychologist to join our team at Michelle Barratt Psychology.
We would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the opportunity to become a valuable member of our team.
Don’t hesitate to send us your resume and we will arrange to call and meet with you as soon as conveniently possible.
About Michelle Barratt Psychology
Michelle Barratt Psychology is a warm and growing Private Psychology Practice that operates in Toowong and Wynnum/Manly. We are an extremely dedicated team that aims to provide our clients with a professional but warm, supportive environment and the opportunity to develop new skills that will support them grow. At Michelle Barratt Psychology, we have a strong value-statement that supports the absolute well-being of our clients, but also for our staff. We, therefore, aim to provide a warm, supportive, fun and professional environment to all who choose to work there.
About the Role: Contractor Role:
- Providing counselling and assessments when required in your speciality areas.
- Casual 1-2 days per week to start, with the potential to working full day four days a week but its up to you.
- Full Registration with AHPRA (Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
- Registration with Medicare: Registration with, or eligible to be registered with Medicare to provide services under the Medicare Scheme.
- Blue Card: Hold or be eligible to receive a current Blue Card
- Insurance: Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- Report/Letter Writing: Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and outstanding organizational skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families in clinical settings.
- Intervention Delivery: Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to providing ethical, and evidence-based practice to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
- Best Practice: To provide compassionate clinical care within ‘psychology’s’ best practice professional boundaries, and a willingness to work within the ethical practice of Michelle Barratt Psychology and the Practice’s procedures to support staff and clients.
- Someone who has a very big heart and balance the needs of their clients as well as maintain absolute professionalism. We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond for the children, adults and families of Australia and support their clients develop crucial coping strategies, build over-all well-being, resiliency and teach them to embrace their strengths as well as their limitations and to see this as an opportunity to learn.
- A professional and caring approach to your clients, work and to those who work around you.
- Enthusiastic and confident individual who can work independently; have good time-management and organisational skills.
- Developed rapport building skills, with a friendly manner. Someone who is approachable and welcoming to staff and who has an open mind to embracing different projects within the Practice.
- Engagement with clients, families and other professionals that reflect the values of Michelle Barratt Psychology, as well as the ethical practice values of the APS and/or AHPRA.
- The willingness to build their own practice and the willingness to participate as part of a team-building practice.
What We Offer:
- Peer Discussion and Mentoring with Director/Clinical Psychologist.
- Flexible working hours to suit family and personal commitments.
- High levels of autonomy.
- Access to a range of assessment and therapy resources.
- Fun, supportive and understanding work environment.
- The opportunity to work within a team and build a business that will support you and the team.
- Excellent learning opportunities that come along with a varied caseload.
- Administrative support.
- The position is for immediate start.
How to Apply:
To apply please include a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to Michelle Barratt, Director/Principal Clinical Psychologist at either of the email addresses below, or contact Wendy if you require further information. You may also for ease directly email us using the Email Form Below.
Michelle Barratt Administrator : Wendy